Surf Lessons Gold Coast
Kids who have a surf lesson with our surf school can learn to surf in one of the most safe and ideal locations for beginners on the Gold Coast.
Kids who have a surf lesson with our surf school can learn to surf in one of the most ideal location for beginners on the Gold Coast. They will only ever have a maximum of 6 people in their surf lesson and whenever possible we always try and organise your child to do a surf lesson with kids their own age.
- Our surf coaches are qualified lifesavers.
- Our surf school is fully insured and Gold Coast Council approved.
- We use one of the safest surf locations for beginners on the Gold Coast.
- We also have the lowest student to coach ratio for kids surf lessons on the Gold Coast.
- Your childís surf lessons will always be cancelled or postponed when conditions are unsafe.
- We use super soft surf boards.
- Rash shirts are always provided and Wetsuits are also provided during the colder months.
A surf lesson is a fantastic opportunity for your child to get away from it all, get fit, have fun and just enjoy the pleasure of surfing at our beautiful Gold Coast beaches.
You can choose from a variety of the following surf lessons for your child:
Private Surf Lesson
1½ hours (1 child $110 and 2 children $160 and 3 children $195)
The private surf lesson is a good option for your child, especially if they are younger, as the surf coach can give them constant attention and assistance with their surfboard. The surf instructor can also run the private surf lesson to suit your childís own individual ability. They get the complete safety, advice and encouragement from a surf instructor who is beside them the whole time.
We find that clients who choose private surf lessons tend to progress at a faster rate. We also offer discounts on additional private lessons or your child may be assessed as being capable of joining the group lesson structure.
The private surf lesson is also recommended for any child under 8 years of age. This is not only for safety reasons but also because the 7 ft surf boards can be difficult for the smaller kids to handle.
Group Surf Lesson
2 hours $55
For your child to join a group lesson they must be 8 years or older, able to swim 50 metres and be able to handle a 7ft surf board, otherwise the private lesson is recommended. However a child under 8 may do a group lesson if a parent or accompanying adult is able to assist with carrying the board and safety at all times. Our group surf lessons are a great introduction to surfing where your child will learn about surf safety which is priceless knowledge that they will have for the rest of their lives. We teach the kids how to:
- read the surf conditions
- recognise safe areas to swim and surf
- identify rips and sweeps and stay safe in the water
- handle their board
- paddle and negotiate the wave zone
- select good waves and catch them
- stand up using the easiest technique for your child's own level of agility.
If you find your child enjoys surfing and wants to improve then you can choose from either the 3 or 5 lesson package.
3 or 5 Lesson Package
3◊2hr lessons $140 or 5◊2hr lessons $205
These surf lessons are great value and if you want to make surfing a regular activity in your childís life then the surf lesson package is for your child. They will learn how to:
- use surf etiquette
- read surf conditions
- identify good waves to catch
- paddle through waves
- get longer rides
- stand up faster
- turn forehand and backhand
- position yourself to catch good waves
- take off on unbroken waves (when conditions allow for this)
- develop a bottom turn
- understand different surf boards and find a board thatís right for them.
Our surf lessons packages are not just a great way for your child to learn how to surf but they are also a great way to meet new friends who share the same enthusiasm for trying something new and fun.
Find out more about our Surfing Lesson Prices & Packages